And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed to the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
👉 The love of the Holy Spirit, how shall I tell about it? It needs a songster to sing it, for love is only to be spoken of in words of song!
- Let me tell you of His early love to us. He loved us without beginning.
- Was it not He who guided you to Jesus?
- Since then, how sweetly has He proved His love. Not only in His first strivings, or after quickenings; but in the sequel, how much have we owed to His instruction.
- Forget not, also, how much we owe to His consolation.
- Remember how much He loves us, when He helps our infirmities.
- Another token of His love, is His indwelling in the saints.
And so when the Spirit goes away, faith shuts up its flowers; no perfume is exhaled. Then the fruit of our love begins to rot and drops from the tree; then the sweet buds of our hope become frostbitten, and they die. Oh, what a sad thing it is to lose the Spirit.
IT IS MERCY
It is a mercy to know that the Spirit of God never leaves His people finally; He leaves them for chastisement, but not for damnation.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will eat with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)Source: C. H Spurgeon