As surely as He is my God He will hear me.
- Because He is God, the living and true God.
- Because He has made Himself my God He will hear me. He has given Himself to be my God.
- Because my God has heard me so many times. Therefore, be it far from me to doubt His present and future favour.
My God will hear me.
It is better for us to have a promise that God will hear us, than a promise that God will always answer us. If it were a matter of absolute fact that God would always answer the prayers of His people as they present them, it would be an awful truth. The text means that He will hear me ...
1. As a listener.
2. As a friend, full of sympathy.
3. As a judge patiently hears a case.
4. As a helper.
Source: C. H. Spurgeon.