07-04-17

God Is Still Alive

Sometimes God opens heaven and comes very close. I 'm feeling like Peter at such moments (Peter, who said: Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord). I just feel so unworthy in His holy presence.

During prayer
One of the times that God came so close was during a prayer. I was praying for someone I dearly loved. She was terminally ill.

 
I begged God for her soul, using the words of David and it was as if someone else put those words in my mind.

Create a clean heart in her, O God;
and renew a right spirit within her.
Cast her not away from your presence;
and take not your holy spirit from her.
Restore to her the joy of your salvation;
and uphold her with your free spirit.

God is still alive
When I was reading Psalm 51, I suddenly remembered that time and that special prayer. O yes, God's ears were open unto my cry. God is still alive and active today! So, let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Not only for ourselves but also for other people.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. This is an encouraging testimony.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is something we need to always be reminded of: "Not only for ourselves but also for other people." Our prayers aren't only for me, but for others around me. Thanks for sharing this, Ariella.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Amen! There is power in our prayers! Thanks for sharing this reminder with #FaithOnFire

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Welkom op mijn blog. Ik vind het leuk dat je kwam lezen. Een reactie is natuurlijk nog veel leuker!