vrijdag 31 maart 2017

My Little Sins

I'm only afraid of big spiders. But this little spider on my leg was so miniscule. I even didn't feel it on my skin.

Big or small?
Gazing to the little spider I suddenly thought: that's also with sin. I don't always regonize a little sin as "evil". Is a little lie (as small as the spider on my leg) really a sin? A BIG sin?  O yes ... sin is sin before God. Just as little spiders are real spiders. No matter how big or small they are. A lie, big or small is still a lie. I read in my Bible:

Your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. (Isaiah 59:2)


My little sins
But ... our iniquity has has come upon Jesus. He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed. My "little" sins suddenly seem so big when I think about the suffering and death of Jesus Christ! It confuses me. Therefore I am fleeing to Jesus again, whispering:  "O Lord; forgive me all my sins."
 
Cleanse me from my sin, Lord,
put Thy power within, Lord,
take me as I am, Lord,
and make me all Thine own.
Keep me day by day, Lord,
underneath Thy sway, Lord,
make my heart Thy palace,
and Thy royal throne.

1 opmerking:

  1. God bless you, today. Thank you for this truth. Father God has shown me this verse also: Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. Psalm 19:13

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen